Swedish fire steel with antler handle, leather thong & etched design.
- The Swedish fire steel is a ferrocerium-based fire starter originally developed for the Swedish MOD.
- It creates a shower of sparks at temperatures of around 3,000 degrees Celsius that can be used to ignite a campfire.
- It can also operate in damp conditions.
- Scraped with any metal object, the firesteel gives off small metal shavings which then spontaneously ignite.
- Also known as a fire striker or strike-a-light.
- Length 10cm (4 inches).